Software Engineer - Front-End
About the role:
Founded in Singapore in 2015, TenX is developing applications to make digital currency spendable anytime anywhere by offering a debit card payment system.
TenX is building a payment platform in the cloud to allow our customers to spend blockchain assets at any merchant that accepts payment cards. We are a growth-stage startup with a culture and environment to match. That means that you can expect to find a fast-paced environment, bleeding-edge technology, and a group of highly motivated self-starters collaborating to change the world.
Join our team of software engineers as a front-end engineer, building products for our internal and external customers. Our software engineers aren’t afraid of working with new technologies, and as a Front-End Engineer you will apply your expertise in web and mobile technologies to create the best experiences for our users. TenX Engineers are experts in their fields and leaders among their peers; we value contributions to open source software projects, experience building startup MVPs, giving talks and participating in online communities.
As a front-end engineer, you will be creating web and mobile apps using the latest technologies while interfacing with our back-end APIs. In certain cases you may have to work closely with the back-end team to implement, troubleshoot and advise on the best practises in creating a world-class user experience. Our product teams (engineers, designers and product owners) work collaboratively throughout the software stack to analyse, design and deliver against high level business objectives though their own initiative. You must be able to challenge yet seek consensus amongst your peers, and justify your proposals with data and experience to finally come to a solution while holding the highest standards in software engineering excellence.
Due to the nature of our business, it is helpful to have an interest in blockchain and virtual currencies; and excitement to be part of a growth-stage startup.
- Implement product features on mobile or web platforms using React Native or React.js
- Collaborate with Design and Product Management to deliver user-facing Products
- Design and engineer efficient front-end systems that enable complex user-interfaces
- Maintain high standards in mobile and web programming across our code base
- Prototype and test features using a design-driven and metrics-based approach
- Identify and optimise code for performance and scalability
- Review code, share best practices and pair-program with team
- 3+ years of direct Software Engineering experience
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with:
- HTML/CSS – CSS3, Flexbox, CSS-in-JS
- State management and networking – Redux, GraphQL, Apollo
- Mobile - React Native, and iOS or Android
It would also be really cool if you knew some or all of:
- ReasonML, Bucklescript, ReasonReact
- Full-stack or back-end frameworks – Node.js
TenX offers a robust technical career path for our engineers, where senior technical staff may choose to contribute at a high level in an individual capacity and be recognised as leaders in their field. You don’t have to be a manager to be successful here!
The ideal candidate:
Is results-driven, professional, delivery-focussed, an excellent communicator and has a passion for bringing delight to our customers.
- Excellent team full of go-getters, work with passionate and smart people
- Fun environment: cool office space, fully stocked pantry, daily catered lunches, Fun Fridays and team bondings
- Work life balance: flexible working hours and uncapped paid vacation days
- Latest equipment: MacBook, TenX card, TenX Ledger Nano S
- Revolutionary, well-funded company
Please apply with your CV in English as well as your salary expectation and your earliest possible date of entry exclusively via our web portal.