Engineering Program Manager
About the role:
Founded in Singapore in 2015, TenX is developing applications to make virtual currency spendable through a debit card payment system.
TenX is building a payment ecosystem to allow our customers to spend blockchain assets at any merchant that currently accepts major network payment cards. We are a growth-stage startup with a culture and environment to match. That means that you can expect to find a fast-paced environment, bleeding-edge technology, and a group of highly motivated self-starters collaborating to change the world.
Our Engineering Team is growing quickly, and we are looking for a talented program manager to coordinate and oversee various back-end engineering projects. As a successful candidate, you will report in to the VP of Engineering and serve as an engineering operations maestro, project management guru and chief of staff for the engineering team. Job duties include defining roadmaps, managing timelines, defining and enforcing engineering processes around best practices. You will be measured on successful delivery of engineering projects, in particular where multiple projects are required to deliver a feature or capability for the business.
The ideal candidate has a technical background in software engineering, a head for business and is both detail-oriented as well as delivery-driven. He/She should also enjoy working with people - this role involves coordinating with teams outside of engineering for requirements and collaborating with engineers to schedule work and remove blockers.
It would also be helpful if applicants have experience in growth-stage startups; Expertise in Payments or Blockchain is preferred but not necessary.
- Prioritise, document and manage project execution within the Engineering team
- Work with product owners to ensure alignment of engineering deliverables
- Oversee technical and program manager relationships with vendors and partners
- Understand and communicate regulatory, risk, compliance and business requirements in the context of our payment solutions to a variety of stakeholders
- Assemble dashboards, reports and analyses of program/project performance
- Define OKRs and metrics relevant to engineering delivery
- Drive consensus, escalate objections and capture decisions
- Implement and improve technical processes and documentation
- Collaborate with the engineering, QA, customer support and business teams in delivery
- Attend to strategic technical initiatives within engineering and across business units
- Manage commitments and strategic demands of engineering leaders
- We welcome experienced technologists with a background in program management, business or strategy meeting the requirements below
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Financial IT or related field
- Technically proficient
- Meticulously organised
The ideal candidate:
Is results-driven, professional, delivery-focussed, an excellent communicator and has a passion for bringing delight to our customers.
- Excellent team full of go-getters
- Fun environment
- Revolutionary, well-funded company
Please have a look at our core values and team culture:
Please apply with your CV in English as well as your salary expectation and your earliest possible date of entry exclusively via our web portal. The process will consist of interviews with future team partners (calls + face to face) as well as an analytical personality test.
TenX will only accept candidates referred to TenX by such recruitment agencies with which TenX has existing agreements for such referrals. Subject further to all other terms and conditions set out in such existing agreements, TenX will pay agency or referral fees to a recruitment agency only if, amongst others:
- such existing agreement was entered into by TenX and such recruitment agency before submission by such recruitment agency of the CV/resume of a candidate; AND
- such recruitment agency was given express instructions or consent by a representative of TenX to refer such candidate to TenX.
In the event of referrals by a recruitment agency in breach of any of the foregoing (or, to the extent applicable, any other terms and conditions of the relevant existing agreement between such recruitment agency and TenX), TenX will treat the candidates as candidates applying without any referrals from any recruitment agency, and accordingly, TenX shall not be obliged to make any payment of agency or referral fees in respect of such candidates to such recruitment agency.