Software Engineer - DevOps
About the role:
Founded in Singapore in 2015, TenX is developing applications to make digital currency spendable anytime anywhere by offering a debit card payment system.
TenX is building a payment platform in the cloud to allow our customers to spend blockchain assets at any merchant that accepts payment cards. We are a growth-stage startup with a culture and environment to match. That means that you can expect to find a fast-paced environment, bleeding-edge technology, and a group of highly motivated self-starters collaborating to change the world.
Join our software engineering team as a DevOps Engineer, a technical role where your experience in deploying and ensuring the availability of complex software systems helps the team deliver success for our customers. We’re forward looking and always looking for faster, better ways to get our code out while ensuring that reliability and scalability allow the business to meet our shared objectives.
As a DevOps Engineer, your primary job function is to own our continuous delivery platform, but also be responsible for overall service availability. Your expertise in current best practices is as important as your ability to push boundaries in achieving a smooth path from build to customer consumption. We value data-driven practices, thought-leadership (demonstrated through community participation and contribution) and a track record of maintaining highly available web services. TenX engineers are experts in their fields and leaders among their peers; we expect you to have these qualities too.
- Be responsible for uptime and overall performance of critical TenX services
- Own our CI/CD pipeline and implement automated build and test solutions
- Orchestrate changes to the live system using immutable infrastructure patterns
- Identify recurring problems and build solutions to address them
- Identify and build monitoring and alarm systems
- Consult with product managers and coach engineers on release and delivery processes
- 5+ years of direct Software Engineering experience
- At least 2 years in a SRE, DevOps or similar role
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
You have experience with most of:
- CI/CD: Docker, GitHub, Terraform, CodeBuild
- AWS: S3, RDS, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, CloudFront, VPC, CodePipeline
- Programming: Node.js, Python, BASH, Rust (preferred)
- Networking: Linux networking, IPSEC, MPLS (preferred)
- OS: Linux
TenX offers a robust technical career path for our engineers, where senior technical staff may choose to contribute at a high level in an individual capacity and be recognised as leaders in their field.
The ideal candidate:
Is results-driven, professional, delivery-focussed, an excellent communicator and has a passion for bringing delight to our customers.
- Excellent team full of go-getters, work with passionate and smart people
- Fun environment: cool office space, fully stocked pantry, daily catered lunches, Fun Fridays and team bondings
- Work life balance: flexible working hours and uncapped paid vacation days
- Latest equipment: MacBook, TenX card, TenX Ledger Nano S
- Revolutionary, well-funded company
Please apply with your CV in English as well as your salary expectation and your earliest possible date of entry exclusively via our web portal.