Founded in Singapore in 2015, TenX is global blockchain and virtual currency focused company that is developing financial applications to revolutionise everyday payments.
TenX is driven by a talented team of developers, marketers, community, customer support, designers, lawyers, cryptography and security specialists, TenX even have bankers and accountants on their team ready to create the foundation for exponential growth within the digital currency space.
About the role
At TenX, we’re constantly learning about our customers, and how to grow as a company. We’re looking for a passionate and formidable Product Designer to join our mission in discovering solutions to big, complex problems in mobile finance.
You regard yourself as a Generalizing specialist – “programmer”, “communicator”, and “researcher” are equally descriptive of your passions and skills with your main specialty.
You love exploring new technologies and territories, while also delivering practical designs that solve real-world problems at scale.
You understand that Product Design is collaborative, and that the user experience is the outcome of a team effort. You’ve worked closely with engineers and PMs, and consider them your closest collaborators.
You have the adaptability to navigate the unique constraints that are inherent to the business and technological contexts you’re designing for, while still being immensely creative.
- Focusing on user pain points, conduct user research to discover user's mental model or interests
- While understanding business or compliance contraints, find a best solution for users
- Facilitate design workshops for internal team members to educate them
- With continuous product ideation and discovery, always seek better options for users
- Evaluate the current product with the user data and iterate it
- Work closely with multidiciplinary team members and communicate with them effectively
- Experience working in cross-functional lean product teams is a must
- Experience working on native mobile apps, with real-world examples of your work
- Experience on end-to-end production on mobile/web based product (User research to user test)
- Excellent command of screen design tools: Sketch, Figma, InVision, Framer, etc.
- Fluency in lean project management tools: Airtable, Git, Zeplin, Abstract, Dropbox Paper, Realtimeboard, etc.
- Rigorous understanding of user-centered design methods and their applications to modern product discovery, such as ethnography, problem discovery interviews, and design workshops
- Solid understanding of how user interfaces are built on mobile and the web: HTML, CSS, React, UIKit, etc. While we don’t expect you to write production-level code, the ability to prototype UI concepts is desired. A majority of our user interfaces are built with React and React Native, and we encourage designers to contribute to the frontend codebase.
- Have previously founded or worked in an early-stage startup
- A foundational understanding of how cryptocurrency and distributed ledgers work: the differences between a private and public key, the use of consensus algorithms, and the notion of “fungibility” in tokenized assets
- Excellent team full of go-getters
- Modern office space at the city centre with a great view
- Full benefits package
- Team building events and outies
- International team of professionals
- Strong focus on the team culture
- Revolutionary, well-funded company
Please apply with your CV and online portfolio in English. Your portfolio should contain at least one project with your whole design process. Also, please let us know your salary expectation and your earliest possible date of entry exclusively via our web portal. The process will consist of interviews with future team partners (calls + face to face) as well as an analytical personality test.