Software Engineer - Security
Founded in Singapore in 2015, TenX is developing applications to make digital currency spendable anytime anywhere by offering a debit card payment system.
TenX is building a payment platform in the cloud to allow our customers to spend blockchain assets at any merchant that accepts payment cards. We are a growth-stage startup with a culture and environment to match. That means that you can expect to find a fast-paced environment, bleeding-edge technology, and a group of highly motivated self-starters collaborating to change the world.
Join our software engineering team as a Security Engineer, a security focused role where you are responsible for the delivery and security of our cloud-based distributed software platform and applications. We push boundaries in delivering the best technology while prioritising stability; your job is to ensure we do so while protecting the our customers, infrastructure and platform.
You will be responsible for implementing software best practices, code reviews and automated testing/scanning tools, but discovering bugs that expose our customers and code to automated botnets, malware and bad actors is just part of the job; you derive ultimate satisfaction from preventing exposure to as-yet-unknown vulnerabilities in bleeding edge technology. You’re comfortable in everything from pen-testing our network to evaluating smart-contract assembly for buffer overflows, and pair programming to level up fellow engineers allows you to focus on scheme and test sophisticated attack vectors against our platform. You cherish reviewing and verifying bug bounty submissions from leading external researchers and our external security partners to level yourself up. TenX engineers are experts in their fields and leaders among their peers; as a thought leader in security engineering, vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection we expect you to have these qualities too.
- Be responsible for overall security of critical TenX systems and services
- Own our security infrastructure and policies, perform risk analyses
- Work with partners to ensure compliance of security requirements in an FI environment
- Conduct periodic security reviews, vulnerability assessments and audits
- Build and implement automated intrusion and anomaly detection systems
- Perform code reviews; mentor and coach engineers on engineering best practices
- Manage our bug bounty program; verify reported security issues and bugs
TenX has multiple openings for this role depending on expertise (low-level code assessments, vulnerability/exploit testing, penetration/intrusion detection, threat modelling,etc.). If you’re a competent software engineer with experience in information security we’re happy to see how you can best contribute.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of direct Software Engineering experience
- At least 2 years in a Security Engineering or similar role
- At least 2 years of continuous experience with vulnerability testing, auditing or other engineering security functions
- Familiarity with common attack patterns and exploitation techniques
- Familiarity with threat modelling and risk identification techniques
- Experience with complex, large-scale distributed systems architectures
- Experience preventing, identifying and remediating system and software vulnerabilities
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and various security audits
- Candidates with extensive experience may be considered for a more senior role
TenX offers a robust technical career path for our engineers, where senior technical staff may choose to contribute at a high level in an individual capacity and be recognised as leaders in their field.
The ideal candidate:
Is results-driven, professional, delivery-focussed, an excellent communicator and has a passion for bringing delight to our customers.
Please have a look at our core values and team culture:
Please apply with your CV as well as your salary expectation and your earliest possible date of entry exclusively via our web portal. The process will consist of interviews with future team partners (calls + face to face) as well as an analytical personality test.